PartnerBeijing Head Office
Mr. Tao is the founding partner and managing partner of JunZeJun Law Offices. Mr. Tao has been practicing for over 25 years focusing on the financial and capital market. He has very rich experience and excellent expertise in financial innovation businesses (especially derivatives, structured financing, asset management business and securitization and etc.), financial institution restructuring, private equity investment, IPO business and etc. Among the clients of Mr. Tao are nearly one hundred of international financial institutions, Chinese financial institution and a number of first-tier private equity investment funds.
Mr. Tao is very experienced and active in commercial dispute resolution practice especially in arbitration regarding finance-and-investment related disputes.
Working Experience and Education Background
Mr. Tao founded Beijing JunZeJun Law Offices in 1995. Before that, Mr. Tao worked as a research fellow in International Law Department, Institute of Law, Chinese Academy of Social Sciences. Also, Mr. Tao worked as a lawyer in Tian Ping Law Office & China Legal Consultancy Center, China Law Society.
Mr. Tao got his bachelor degree of law in Jilin University in1986, master degree of international private law in Chinese Academy of Social Sciences in 1989, postgraduate diploma in Institute of International Social Studies (the Netherlands) 1995 and PHD in international law in University of International Business and Economics in 2007.
- Arbitrator of China International Economic and Trade Arbitration Commission (“CIETAC”) (and member of the Expert Advisory Committee of CIETAC as well)
- Arbitrator of China Maritime Arbitration Commission
- Member of the ICC Commission on Arbitration and ADR (also member of the Task Force on Financial Institutions of the ICC)
- Member of ICC (China)
- Arbitrator of Beijing Arbitration Commission/Beijing International Arbitration Center (BAC/BIAC)
- Arbitrator of Shenzhen Court of International Arbitration (SCIA)
- Arbitrator of Shanghai International Economic and Trade Arbitration Commission (SHIAC)
- Arbitrator of Hong Kong International Arbitration Centre (HKIAC) (and in the Panel of Arbitrators for Financial Services Disputes)
- Arbitrator of Chinese Arbitration Association ( Taipei, CAA)
- Arbitrator of Cross-Strait Arbitration Center
- Arbitrator of Kuala Lumpur Regional Centre for Arbitration (KLRCA)
- Arbitrator of Guangzhou, Chongqing, Zhuhai and a number of other arbitration institutions in China
- Member of Legal Committee and Qualification Committee of National Association of Financial Market Institutional Investors (“NAFMII”) of China
- Member of Legal Experts of China Banking Association
- Member of Expert Committee of China Insurance Assets Management Association
- Member of Finance and Security Committee of All China Lawyers Association
- Member of the Documentation, Collateral and Legal & Regulatory Committees of International Swap and Derivative Association (ISDA, before 2009)
- Director of the Financial Derivative Committee of Beijing Lawyer’s Association (2012)
- Deputy Director of the Banking Law Committee of Beijing Lawyer’s Association (2009)
Awards and Honors
- Ranked lawyer of Capital Markets in Chambers and Partners
- Ranked lawyer of China’s Top100 Lawyers of China Business Law Journal
- Ranked lawyer of Capital Markets in LEAGALBAND
- Top GCs of the Year 2009 in the Asian-mena Counsel In-House Community