Mr. Tao is the founding partner of JunZeJun Law Offices. Mr. Tao has been practicing for over 30 years focusing on the financial and capital market. He has very rich experience and excellent expertise in financial innovation businesses (especially derivatives, structured financing, asset management business and securitization and etc.), financial institution restructuring, private equity investment, IPO business and etc. Among the clients of Mr. Tao are nearly one hundred of international financial institutions, Chinese financial institution and a number of first-tier private equity investment funds.
Mr. Tao is very experienced and active in commercial dispute resolution practice especially in arbitration regarding finance-and-investment related disputes.
Mr. Tao founded Beijing JunZeJun Law Offices in 1995. Before that, Mr. Tao worked as a research fellow in International Law Department, Institute of Law, Chinese Academy of Social Sciences. Also, Mr. Tao worked as a lawyer in Tian Ping Law Office & China Legal Consultancy Center, China Law Society.
Mr. Tao got his bachelor degree of law in Jilin University in1986, master degree of international private law in Chinese Academy of Social Sciences in 1989, postgraduate diploma in Institute of International Social Studies (the Netherlands) 1995 and PHD in international law in University of International Business and Economics in 2007.
- Arbitrator of China International Economic and Trade Arbitration Commission (“CIETAC”) (and member of the Expert Advisory Committee of CIETAC as well)
- Arbitrator of China Maritime Arbitration Commission
- Arbitrator of Beijing Arbitration Commission/Beijing International Arbitration Center (BAC/BIAC)
- Arbitrator of Shenzhen Court of International Arbitration（SCIA）
- Member of ICC Commission on Arbitration and ADR (also member of the Task Force on Financial Institutions of the ICC)
- Arbitrator of Hong Kong International Arbitration Centre (HKIAC) (and member of HKIAC Financial Services Panel)
- Member of Singapore International Arbitration Centre (SIAC)
- Member of Shanghai International Economic and Trade Arbitration Commission (SHIAC)
- Member of Shanghai Arbitration Commission(SAC)
- Member of Xiamen International Financial Arbitration Center (and member of the Advisory Committee)
- Member of Chinese Arbitration Association (Taipei, CAA)
- Member of Cross-Strait Arbitration Center(and member of the Advisory Committee)
- Member of Kuala Lumpur Regional Centre for Arbitration (KLRCA)
- Mediator in the Conciliation Center of China Council for Promotion of International Trade (CCPIT)/China Chamber of International Commerce (CCOIC)
- Member of the Specialist Mediator Panel (China) of Singapore International Mediation Center
- Mediator/legal expert of Benchmark Chambers International & Benchmark International Mediation Center (Shenzhen)
- member of the Legal Committee of the National Association of Financial Market Institutional Investors (“NAFMII”) of China and used to be member of the Financial Derivative Committee the NAFMII for the first three terms
- Member of the Documentation, Collateral and Legal & Regulatory Committees of International Swap and Derivative Association (ISDA)
- Member of Legal Experts of China Banking Association
- Member of Finance and Securities Committee of All China Lawyers Association
- Director of the Financial Derivative Committee of Beijing Lawyer's Association (2012)
- Deputy Director of the Banking Law Committee of Beijing Lawyer's Association (2009)
- Ranked lawyer of Capital Markets in Chambers and Partners
- Ranked lawyer of China's Top100 Lawyers of China Business Law Journal
- Ranked lawyer of Capital Markets in LEAGALBAND
- Top GCs of the Year 2009 in the Asian-mena Counsel In-House Community